Gastro Entrology & Liver Diseases
The Department of Gastroenterology & Liver Diseases of KIMS Al Shifa is the premier department of the District possessing the best diagnostic expertise including the Pentax 41 series Video Endoscope. The department is headed by Dr. Saju Xavier MD, DNB, DM (Gastro).
Specialities & Services
- GI Endoscopy, Colonoscopy and Duodenoscopy for diagnosis & Treatment of GI diseases.
- ERCP, Stone Extraction and Metallic Stenting for biliary diseases, jaundice & Cancer of Biliary Tract.
- Specialty clinic for Jaundice and other Liver Diseases.
The department of Gastroenterology along with its expert personnel’s performs various endoscopic procedures for treatment of:
- Endoscopic control of GI Bleeding.
- Endoscopic removal of intestinal polyps.
- Dialation and sterling of obstruction of Oesophagus, small and large intestine.
- Removal of foreign bodies.
- Treatment of Pancreatic Stones & Strictures.
- Endoscopic Gastrostomy.
- Endoscopic Pseudo cyst Drainage.
- Colonic Mobility studies.
- Liver Biopsy.