The department of Nephrology has all modern facilities for diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases. The department is headed Dr.GANESAN VM,MBBS,MD(Gen Med),DNB(Nephro), assisted by well trained nurses and technicians.
Facilities & Services
- Bicarbonate Heamodialysis procedures using reverse osmosis system of water purification using the latest series of Fresenius, Germany.
- An 10 bedded Renal ICU which provides advanced treatment for seriously ill patients
- Acute Peritoneal Dialysis
- CAPD & Haemodialysis
- A comprehensive Snake Bite Unit, with facilities for ASV Therapy & Ventilator and Dialysis back-up.
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy which includes CVVHD & SLED, for patients with acute renal failure.
- Plasmapheresis facility for diseases such as HUS/TTP, Gullian Barre Syndrome and SLE
- An approved centre for Kidney Transplantation
- Dialysis and Haemoperfusion for treatment of poisoning/drug overdose
- Special Clinic for Diabetic and Hypertensive Nephropathy Vasculature
- Preventive Nephrology
The diagnostic procedures available include:
- Renal ultrasound,
- USG Guided renal Biopsy
- Doppler studies of renal Vasculature.