Orthopaedic & Trauma Care
The department of Orthopaedics is a Centre of excellence and the leading Orthopeadic centre in South India functioning in two independent units headed by Dr.E.G.MOHANKUMAR MS(Ortho.) Mch(Ortho.) & Dr.SHABIR ALI. MBBS,D-Ortho,DNB(Ortho.) . The Doctors in these two Units are experienced professionals and well known surgeons in India and Abroad. With world class facilities like Laminar Airflow theatre, KIMS Al Shifa is the second Hospital in India to introduce the most sophisticated Computer Navigated Joint Replacement (CNJR), Orthopilot III for Joint replacement surgeries.
KIMS Al Shifa is the first institution in Malabar to take up medico legal cases since 1993.
Being the busiest Trauma-care Centre of the state, KIMS Al Shifa has experience in performing 50,000 Orthopaedic surgeries to its credit. With the service of twenty Orthopaedic surgeons round-the-clock and the recognition from the National Board of Examination, Govt. of India for Post Graduate training (DNB) in Orthopaedics, Al Shifa offers A to Z in Orthopaedics.
The specialities and services are
- Computer Navigated Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Shoulder Joint and Elbow Replacement etc.
- Computer Navigated Keyhole surgeries for Knee.
- Arthroscopy, Resurfacing and Reconstructive Surgeries.
- Gamma Nailing, Interlock Nailing, Illizarov and Umex fixation.
- Spinal surgeries including Microlumbar discectomy, Spinal Instrumentation, Trauma surgeries and Surgery for Scoliosis.
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Clinic for congenital deformities.
- Sports injury clinic.